Thursday, November 07, 2013

Life long career - MBBS in IMU

Hi.

Not sure if anyone still visit this blog, but I think I'll just update everything here since my getting forgetful, I'm afraid that one day I might forget about what actually happened in my life.

So yeah, from the title! I am a university student now! And surprisingly, I'm doing Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS) at International Medical University, Bukit Jalil campus! I said it is surprise because I remember I promised myself that I will never be a doctor when I'm young, and noowwwwww, I'm a medical student *AHEM* a journey that I never think of trying when I was young. HOW IRONIC!

Yeap, I gave up my dream to go overseas for my degree because I'm doing local program in IMU now, a dream that I was dreaming about since I was 4 years old. I'm not sure where were the courage came from when I decide to give up this dream. However, what done is done, there is no turning back though I regretted few times since I entered MBBS.

Now, let's talk about MBBS! Which is........BLOODY OVERWHELMING! Trust me, medicine is the worst shit ever, I seriously don't understand why I choose this as my life-long career fml. A simple bachelor of science degree, you're only required to major in one particular subject, for example, biochemistry, microbiology, pathology etc, depends on what you're interested in. Well, MBBS is combination of EVERYTHING, you're required to do biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, microbiology, pharmacology, parasitology, community medicine, statistics, basically you're majoring in EVERYTHING. Apart from that, you actually need to be good in communication skills as well for your clinical skills, you will be communicating with patients and at the mean time you have to show your listening skills and empathy towards your patients! Beside  that, you have to be a fast thinker, as your patient is telling you about the signs and symptoms, the possible diagnosis or differential diagnosis have to be in your mind already. Multi-tasking? YES!

Well to be honest, MBBS is not my cup of tea lol but it's partly my fault because I didn't do enough research before I make a decision. Everything I learnt in semester 1 is like the combination of all knowledge that I learnt from my past 18 years of studies -.- NO JOKE! So guys,just a little advice it you're considering on MBBS cause medicine is a life-long learning coarse. If you can't bear with studying and reading a book EVERYDAY, no, don't take MBBS or you will regret for life. I sounded like I hate MBBS so much LOL. Actually there is also fun part of it if you enjoy helping people? Because after every clinic visit and hospital posting, I will feel extremely happy that I'm a healthcare professional that I can assist people for their health, and if I can graduate successfully, I will be doing a meaningful job because I SAVE PEOPLE'S LIFE! Imagine how wonderful is it ? :) Hopefully I can pass my semester examination and proceed on!!

Alright I shall stop whining about the studies. Let's talk about my university, IMU now! To be honest, IMU isn't those type of university that I dreamt of since young, IMU is really a small campus, you only need 15 minutes for the campus tour, and you can get familiar with places in IMU in just one day!Haha. However there is also a good side of this university which the students are assigned into different sport houses and we will sport event which we called IMU CUP every year! Remember back in high school we have different sport house like red yellow blue green house and we have to compete with each other and choose the best house? We have 6 sport houses DRACO-blue, PHEONIX-red, HYDRA-green, GRIFFIN-orange, PEGASUS-white and TAURUS-black. Very "harry potter" like haha! I'm in draco which we scored 3rd in overall result in IMU CUP 2013 hehe. I think this sport system is good because we get to know more people from other cohort like I met many N&D friends!

As for the people in IMU, wweelllllllllll of course they are know as good as my high school and college friends. Maybe because I'm considered young in my batch, I found that most of the are very serious and I just can't mix around with them. *big sigh* and actually there is a lot of things happening throughout this 8 months especially during IMU cup which made me so disappointed with all my friends around me! It's alright, easy come easy go :)

Really wanted to post some pictures up but I'm just so lazy to look for the pictures. Just a little update just in case I have no time to update anymore. MEDICAL STUDENTS DON'T BLOG OKAY HAHA because we really have no other time to spare!

Just a short message to the future me :
You wouldn't get a chance to enter this coarse if you don't have the ability to do so. JUST DO IT FOR 5 YEARS AMANDA LAW! You can definitely get through this!!

14 comments:

Anica said...

Hello, how is your study in IMU?, can update your experience, especially compared to your 1st year. I hope you are starting to enjoy medic?

Unknown said...

Thankyou for sharing above information.
MBBS in abroad is also great opportunities coming along the way of students.
For more detailed information,visit MBBS Admission Abroad.

Unknown said...

Nice information, are you want to go for study abroad for MBBS, we are the best study mbbs consultant in India.

Collegeadmission10 said...

Amazing, these information are truly unknown for me yet.
Thank you for sharing such knowledge via your blog and article. I am glad to inform you that I have also created a content on Best Medical Colleges to Study MBBS in Ukraine. You can check that article on my website Best Medical Colleges to Study MBBS in Ukraine . I will assure you, there are some other unknown facts. Also, I am waiting for your review about my article.

Himt College said...

I am happy to find much useful information in the post, writing sequence is awesome, I always look for quality content, thanks for sharing.

Imu Affliated College

Chanakya Defence Group said...

Thank you for sharing this.
Sainik School Coaching in Pathankot from Chanakya Defence Group. Chanakya Defence Group has an extremely encouraging outcome since a couple of years. Chanakya Defence Group is one of the Esteemed Institutes in India for Best Sainik School Coaching in Pathankot.
Sainik School Coaching in Himachal Pradesh

A Plus Career said...

THanks for sharing such a wonderful article...
Study MBBS in Ukraine 2021
Study MBBS in Bangladesh 2021
Study MBBS in Russia 2021
Study MBBS in Georgia 2021
Study MBBS in Kazakhstan 2021
Study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan 2021

Unknown said...

Sterling Silver Jewellery is carefully designed by our best designers to endow them with immaculate beauty, elegance, and quality. If you are looking to get your hands on the best, most elegant and affluent-looking silver earrings in Jaipur, 925 Silver Jaipur is the best place where you can fulfil all your expectations without any compromises. 925 Silver Jaipur manufactures Silver Earrings for women and provides stylish drop earrings and ethnic wear earrings for girls.

Medical Course Overseas said...

Interesting and enjoyed reading your blog. You must keep writing and share your experience as this usually enlighten others in their endeavor. Study mbbs in russia.

neha said...

Peshawar is a major city in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan and has several medical colleges that offer undergraduate and postgraduate programs in medicine and healthcare. Some of the well-known medical colleges in Peshawar include Khyber Medical College, Peshawar Medical College, Rehman Medical College, and Women Medical College.

Hani Meggy said...

Informative post!
Study abroad is the dream of every student. Specially those who are interested in learning and exploring other countries.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge on MBBS!
In Time Study Advisors

FDES said...

Informative post! Pursuing education abroad is a dream for every student. Explore the opportunity to study MBBS with top-ranked universities.

FDES said...

Future Doctor is truly the best consultancy for MBBS abroad! Their range of services for Indian students with top medical universities is both impressive and cost-effective.

Online Education said...

Great share! Thanks for the information. Keep posting!
IT Courses in India